Do cops actually know Marijuana is not bad?

What do you think about arresting someone with a dime bag of weed? Does it make you feel big? Or do most cops know its not even bad or dangerous but arrest because its part of the job

Comments

• the few educated police officers know how safe marijuana is. However most cops are easily blinded by the prospect of a $200 bonus for busting a decent amount of herb. The bonus usually requires a sell-able amount of marijuana though.

• It is not a cops job to decide if it is bad or not. All a cop cares about is if it is illegal or not. Cops are hired to enforce state laws. As long as the state wants marijuana to be illegal, then a cop is obligated to enforce the law.

You can argue the health risks of marijuana all you want. I'm not a doctor so I don't have an opinion. What I do know is it is common for unemployed dopers to steal car stereos and trade them for a bad of pot. You can't tell the guy with a smashed window and missing stereo that marijuana is not bad.

• Potheads are the most annoying people ever. I don't have a problem with people smoking but when you start acting like its the coolest thing ever that's when I want to punch you in the face. Cops do what there supposed to do. If your not a douche maybe he won't arrest you. Get a life

• Yeah this world would be so much better if they'd stop arresting people for breaking the law.

• The police don't the option of deciding what laws to enforce.

• It doesn't matter is marijuana if bad or not. It is ILLEGAL. That is the ONLY thing that matter.

Note: I am NOT accepting the premise that it isn't bad.

• sure they do, but its illegal. anyway, who would you rather try and arrest, a drunk or a stoner? drunks tend to be quite a bit more violent.