Ear Problem?

My dog has had a persistent ear problem for months. In one of his ears he keeps getting it filled with wax. He will start shaking it in the middle of the night. He will wake himself up. I clean it out regularly. After a few days it gets filled up again. He gets the same problem. It's not bleeding. It's just wax. But the problem keeps coming back. What is a good thing to do for his ear? Do you have anything you could recommend to use? Are there any Dog Care sights you would recommend?

Comments

• The best thing to do is see the vet, you should never treat your dogs ears without knowing the reason for the problem, you could cause more harm than good.

My Lab suffers from recurrent ear infections and needs antibiotics and ear wash. It may not just be wax it could be an infection.

• One of my dogs has had a recurrent ear problem, for the past almost three years. I had spent oodles at the vet on it, and it would be better for a while and come back. The last occurrence, I decided to try something different, and go the nutritional route.

I ordered this product:

http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/88/2

In two weeks she was SO much better, and I don't think it is coming back. (It is an immune system builder)

I don't know if your dog has the same type of ear problem., as you don't have a vet's diagnosis, .but that supplement sure won't do any harm, and may really make a difference.

I just read the above..its funny..I learned of this product through The Whole Dog Journal..

• Before you go to the vet, try this:

8in1 makes some products, a liquid ear cleanser and Ear Oxide. These are drops to clean the was out of the ears and bubble it up where you can get it out safely. There are also ear cleaning pads that come in a jar.

Read the instructions carefully and follow them.

You stated you clean the ears out "regularly" but you need to clean it out DAILY for this particular dog.

If that doesn't seem to do it, see if you can get the Polysporin ear drops for dogs which is an antibiotic ear drop.

If that still doesn't get it under control, then take the dog to your vet -!-

• Try changing to a higher quality dog food,check Whole Dog Journal,it maybe a reaction to what you feed.