Do you feel very special in life?

Have you ever felt, in the vast world we live in, surrounded by people, that you might be the only conscious one and that you are here, right now, living here, for some grand purpose. And that any other humans are just playing supporting roles?

I feel that. Sometimes i feel i might be the war hero of world war 3. Or i am destined to be the richest man on earth someday.

How bout you?

Comments

• Wow! I thought I was the only one who had ever thought that way!

Yeah! There were times when I had felt like that. But it had somehow remained behind after I turned 35.

And you know..there were times when I was sure that I was dreaming, and instead of me being the only one alive, I thought that I might be in the wrong place, with all these consciousness zipping pass and by me, meaningfully, while I was just... well... THERE!

When I bought lottery tickets, I'd dream of striking it, and buying things I had wanted to buy, going on trips and vacations to places I had always wanna go, and doing all those fanciful things that could only be done in dreams and hallucinations.

Thankfully, real friends and people who cared for me had talked me out of buying more lottery tickets, and surprisingly, I am not dreaming and hallucinating anymore. Instead, I am really buying, vacationing, and doing fancy things, with the money I earned from jobs and stocks!

Perhaps you'd want to cash those chips into real money? Surround yourself with good friends, bro; and be there for your family. I promise you, you'll find life truly meaningful..

• No and it's called delusions of grandeur by the way.