using deviantart.com as a photography portfolio?

i was thinking of using it as a online portfolio for my landscape, scenery, portraits, wedding, and other shots of places and scenes around the world.

even with a free account i can watermark images and have unlimited uploads witch is what i want.

my only concern is its named "deviant" which i liked up because it sounded different and it sounds like a weird or un normal person....

i don't want people to get the wrong idea since all my potential clients will be looking at it....

what do you think? opinions and advice. thanks!

Comments

• Why not get a Professional online portfolio to showcase your work more elegantly to your potential clients, Charges are not that high & you can take a monthly subscription at $15/ month. You can host your profile on their domain as username.pixpasites.com for free.

Check out for more info: http://www.pixpa.com/

This is my recommendation from my past experience , you can also choose otherwise as their are lot of free sites available. But professionals like us need something exclusive ; its business my friend not just sharing.

• 1. Not good at all, whats up with that tree branch? 2. Looks blurry 3. same as above 4. Not Portfolio quailty.....but looks nice. 5. this is neat but the girl doesn't look right... 6. Snap shot looking 7. Too busy 8. people are too burnt out 9. lamp in right in the middle, you never want to do that 10. the best i've seen out of your work, but still not portfolio quailty 11. the tower needs to be darker and whats up with that tree branch? What are you trying to say by these photos? To me, they are screaming "I know nothing about photography but like to snap shots and thats what I've done" LOOK before shooting. Study the subject. Take all these photos out and start over.

• If you're looking for a free portfolio site, then you're better off with a WordPress.com blog.

They have loads of photo-blog themes and it won't take you long to set up.

With WordPress you have 2 options, one is the self hosted version (wordpress.org) and the other is the free version I'm referring to (wordpress.com)

You have much more flexibility with the self hosted version, but to start with I suggest try the free version out. If you like the features and usability then you can always register a domain and get hosting later. Neither cost much these days.

• NO. It's incredibly tacky and unprofessional. might as well just make a blogspot/blogger account or something. it's way better than deviantart. :/

• Very unprofessional. Why not look into Smugmug?

• once they see the site is wat it sounds like they will enjoy the sites its on of my favs