Acura CL, integra or 03+ altima?

Just moved to Houston TX and I'm looking to spend anywhere between 3k to 5k on a car. Right now I have narrowed it down to a 1st gen Acura CL(2nd gen had tranny probs), 98-01 Acura integra and a 2003+ Altima but I have heard stories about the Altima's engine problems. I really wanted an accord coupe from 99 to 03 but transmission problems for that car have scared me away. What I'm basically looking for his reliability, good to great mpg and low cost maintenance. This coming from a two time Integra owner. Feel free to add some cars along those lines

Comments

• your info is definately on point man !

I can see you do your research.

After 2006, altima became more reliable, and 2008 it became solid, but you wont get that in your price range

And your right about the 2nd gen cl trans probs and the honda trans probs

(i think its funny how people brag about honda as great cars, considering so many generationsof accord and civic have bad trans issues)

I deffinately reccomond the integra or 1st gen cl. I have owned a cl, and i have a friend who owned a 2000 integra. Both were very reliable. I personally think the CL is better looking.

But my advice is search for both, and choose whichever one you find to be in the best condition

Not sure your feelings on toyota, but the 2003 camry, and the 2001-2003 solara are awesome reliable cars.

You can probably get a decent solara for about 5000

• that's extra approximately horses for classes than that's terrific. each and every of the vehicles in this classification are cramped and uncomfortable, yet frequently the low spec small engine variations are extra comfortable as a results of fact they have gentle springs and dont have low profile tyres. vast question is service historic previous, with a Cambelt replace being £ 4 hundred at some garages which could blow an excellent hollow on your budget and if it breaks, nicely it aint going to be worth repairing. so which you opt for 50 000 miles with the belt replaced ideally, keep in mind its frequently 5 or 6 years a nicely as mileage, so a 6 365 days old 10 000 miler probable desires a belt, useful bargaining gadget. The Ford has the vast earnings that maximum mechanics understand approximately them and a few older ones dont actually have a cambelt, utilising a rattly old pushrod engine yet those are probable too old so which you would be able to contemplate. The classic pre BMW Mini become the final of the cheap to maintain small vehicles devoid of cambelt and so on yet those are incredibly much creditors products now quite the final ones. Diesels on your budget would be incredibly nasty, slender ability band, poor starters and so on yet lower priced, so in case you "desire" this length of vehicle that's a case of evaluating guy or woman vehicles particularly than generalising, do you have a buddy what knows approximately automobiles? The bloke in the pub with airborne dirt and dust decrease than his fingernails and grubby wrists the place his goves dont attain ,what whiffs of oil is probable the terrific bloke to have as a buddy at the instant. in case you dont nescessarily might desire to purchase this length of vehicle seem at a Rover 40 5 Diesel, low value on the 2nd. Dont get a (ok sequence) petrol nonetheless.