Do full car covers damage cars?

Today I brought a car cover I intent to cover my car for 2 weeks during basic military training. The cover had a warning saying after 3 days it would damage the car through condensation is this true?

Comments

• Yup, I wouldn't use a car cover, they often do more harm than good, particularly if the car is outside exposed to the wind where the cover will destroy the paintwork due to it flapping about.

They're fine if you spend £100+ on one and it's cotton lined and you only use it in your garage to protect from dust but other than that, toss it in the bin or stick it on Ebay.

• It must be some car cover that can go all over a car and then condensation sits it, open windows slightly before cover goes on,,

The most amazing foolish thing I notice a lot is people who leave their cars along the seaside car parks for six month and then they cant understand salt air rusts the car fast. an they wonder how it happened.. why would anyone want to cover their car cars are painted so they stand all weathers probably sat outside 1 year in makers pound before it hit car forcourts.

• Perhaps, if it is a lesser quality cover. However, most decent quality covers can be left on a vehicle for extended periods of time. I use a cover on both of my vehicle, and they are used 365 days out of the year.

• Cool , wet weather with periods of warm sun shining on it can build up plenty of moisture under the right conditions - a bad situation if the moisture can't escape.

• Covers that BREATHE are fine. Solid covers trap moisture underneath.