Low Self Esteem - Help?

Im 13 years old. I have extremely low self esteem. It's bugging me and a lot of people around me. How can I overcome this?

I'm also really shy and haven't considered therapy, but don't think it will help.

Comments

• Low self esteem feeds on negative thoughts so Don't indulge in self criticism. Why are you waging war against yourself? It is good to you care about others feelings but aren't your needs just as important too? Don't neglect yourself! Don't try to be like someone else. This leads to lack of self worth and confidence. You are unique and you cannot be someone else. Strive to improve but don't criticize yourself for not being as successful, beautiful, slim or as popular as someone else. Take life and yourself less seriously. Failure just means you are not successful YET! I repeat YET!. Everybody fails before succeeding, don't look on it as failure but as a means to learning. Perhaps you just need a change of direction. Problems make you stronger if you strive to overcome them. Also self worth, confidence and assurance increase when you Focus on your desires in life. You should live life you want and believe it or not that's not selfishness as what you want doesn't hurt others or prevent them from living life on their terms.

• well you shouldn't even consider therapy lil bro....there's nothing wrong with you....look first of all you should consider looking at the mirror for long periods of time....(am not telling you to be in front of one for like a day or notn...am saying like 5 maybe 10 minutes.) it'll make you feel better...it'll make you feel more atractive...you'll find things about yourself...good features....

you should start talking more to people you'r comfortable with...that way you'll get used to talking more....which will help you make more friends....try joining a sport or club...are you in 8 grade?

if the people tht are being bugged by your pesonality are your friends you may consider looking for new ones.....your real friends will like you for exactly how and who you are....

if this problem is because of dating don't worry...the right girl will come in time....you should not feel like a looser for not havin a gf.....(i dont have one, and am 16)

if you need someone to talk to....you have me....i know we dont know each other ...but i overcame low self steem....i can probably help you...

well hope i helped...i would like to give you more advice but am really sleepy....nd your question grabbed my attention...so i just decided to help....n_n

• particular that is real.those that have low self self belief all have it from diverse motives in there existence.One would experience unattractive,with the aid of fact of facial constructive properties or physique aspects,etc.specifically situations whilst people unconsciously charm to abusive people its,with the aid of fact they have witnessed abuse of their lifetime so even nonetheless its incorrect and it hurts its what they are used to. that is not an common factor to handle.as far as your self self belief do not worry approximately what people appear like or what style tendencies are in. Do what looks reliable on you. Ex. hairstyle,makeup,outfits,etc.save telling your self you seem reliable and with your large character that no possible terrific you.at last others will see that your advantageous and haven't any decision yet to admire and nicely known you.then you will consciously make the terrific judgements approximately who you date on the grounds which you will care adequate approximately your self.

• Well Ben I was like that to. So when you go to a party or whatever just have little beer NOT TOO MUCH and then u will be relaxed. Do not mix ur drinks and stick to light beer.

• hit the weights. get some testosterone and some endorphins flowing.

• Know that God can help you live a better life if you want Him to help you. You can have a personal relationship with God by saying the prayer below. God is our Creator, all-knowing, all-powerful, eternal, holy, love. God loves us and sent us His Son, Jesus Christ, so we can go to heaven if we know and follow Him. Forever means without end -- time on and on without death. Forever is what happens after we die. Either we go to heaven and be with God forever, or we go to hell which is very bad and painful forever. The good people who are saved believers in Jesus Christ go to heaven. The bad people go to hell. We need to know and follow God in this world to get to heaven in the next world. We follow God by loving and obeying Him and loving others for Him. Jesus Christ, God's Son, is our bridge to God. Jesus died on the cross to cancel our sins. We need to accept Jesus into our life as our Lord and Savior forever to receive God's blessing and forgiveness plus go to heaven to be with God forever after we die. This is about being a born-again Christian. Faith in God is a gift from God. You can pray for faith in God. Just speak out and ask God for the faith to believe in Him and to follow Him. Some people find faith in God when they realize the beauty in the world is made by God. Evolution can't explain the world's natural beauty, for example, the parks in the world, animals, flowers, peacocks, sunsets, butterflies, rainbows, etc. After you have your faith on, you can pray a sinner's prayer to be a born-again Christian. This prayer is very important and should be said with a sincere heart and faith in God. This is the prayer: "Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for our sins. I have done the following sins (state these out) and I pray to discontinue these sins. I pray to receive Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior forever. In Jesus' name, amen." I'm Lutheran and I like the Baptist churches too. Maybe you could find a Christian friend who could take you to church with them. You can pray to God about your daily life and have a Christian church pray for you.