Yahoo Messenger Download Problem?

Hey, I had messenger working and then I went away and god know what happend but messenger would not start up again. I tried to download the program again but when I go through all the steps and try and "launch messenger (step 6)" NOTHING HAPPENS.

I noted on step 4 (when it give you the info on how many mbs the program is that it said there was 0mb to down load when i thought there should be about 20-30mbs so im a bit confused. I then went and deleted all the yahoo programs off my computer but still the same problem.

Im using web messenger at the moment but I much prefer the regular version. Anyone got any suggestions on how I can get it back up and running.

Cheers in Advance.

Ian

Comments

• There are problems with YM 8.1 and 9.0 beta

Download an older version ie 7.0 works well for me!!

Uninstall your current one before you re-install the older version!

Hope this helps!

• You should follow the procedure given below :

Go to messenger.yahoo.com & click on to 'download'. When prompted to run or save,you should save the file first. Close the web page & your internet connection.

Now,click on to the saved file icon at the location where you have saved the file.Normally,the file is saved on desktop.

You will be prompted to run the file & you click on 'run'.

Installation wizard will appearer & you should follow the instructions carefully. Keep patience. Installation will take some time,but you will be through this time.

• He can attempt to acquire the checklist on the different computing gadget, and then duplicate it to his paintings computing gadget. yet whilst they blocked downloads, this is plausible they do no longer enable any chat almost as good. good properly worth a attempt.

• click on it again and hit download then hit where it says sign up!

• try to download it and when its done, restart your pc... some installer needs pc to be restarted before it works....