How do I program a keyless entry remote from my 1999 GMC Savana to a 2000 Silverado?

I have an old remote from my old 1999 GMC Savanna conversion van that I want to program to my 2000 Chevy Silverado. I looked up the directions in the manual for the Silverado but it wont work with the Savanna remote. Somebody told me that it's because the van didn't have a security system like my truck does. Anyone that knows how to program key less remotes that can help I would GREATLY appreciate it so i don't have to spend money having a dealer do it for me.

Comments

• It won't work. It has a different chip than what the Silverado requires.

• Transmitter Synchronization Resynchronization could be mandatory with the aid of protection technique utilized by potential of the RKE equipment. The transmitter does no longer deliver an identical sign two times to the receiver. The receiver won't reply to a sign which has been formerly despatched. This prevents everybody from recording and taking part in back the sign from the transmitter. Resynchronization would be mandatory if any of here are real: - you alter the transmitter battery. - You disconnect the automobile battery. - You push the transmitter button 256 situations out of the selection of the receiver. with a view to resynchronize the transmitter with the receiver, carry out here steps: Stand on the factor of the automobile. concurrently press and carry the LOCK and liberate buttons on the transmitter for seven seconds. The door locks could cycle to substantiate resynchronization.