Why is disco so despised?

There were so many #1 disco hits when that type of music was popular in the 70's but now many people don't like it. Is it the beat? The repetitious lyrics? I must confess, I like the music and still listen to it. Why do you not like it?

Comments

• Rhino Records had a disco series of cds. In the linear notes of one it mentioned how disco appealed to minorities. Many songs had themes of empowerment for African Americans, women and gays. They conjecture the hatred of disco came from the reaction to minority empowerment.

• Disco was pretty cool in it's day. There is still some of the music around that I like.

• I think it has come back at least as far as INDIA is concerned.

A lot of albums have come with DISCO MUSIC and dance.

In a society which has orthodoxy conservative outlook the free mix up of boys and girls and the beats and dance coupled with smoking, drinking, etc etc sometimes goes out of control resulting in infighting and going astray of people in high society even.

But otherwise it is SOUL rendering.

• i agree it was very popular. i love the beegees but i couldnt stand disco for the longest time because it reminded me of my mom. THAT WOMAN HAS A HORRIBLE SINGING VOICE. sorry mom

• Many people have bad memories, or trips. Have you seen the clothes, hair, glasses, etc.

Scarry.