Asthma and Pregnancy?

I have been an asthmatic for about 15 yrs now. Normally my asthma is pretty well under control and flare ups are not frequent. I have a 4 year old daughter and my husband swears up and down that when I was pregnant with her my asthma took a turn for the worse, but got better after I delivered. We have been TTC for a while and now I feel i may be pregnant, but I am not sure, it is too early maybe? I have some symptoms of early pregnancy and my asthma has gotten very bad. Is there any connection whatsoever with these flare ups and me being pregnant?

Update:

I have a rare type of asthma. It is a mixture of the 2 different types of asthma

Comments

• I have no idea to be honest whether they have studied anything or there is any connection.

But you can't really rule the connection out.

Pregnancy from the starts makes a body work on overdrive. A body on overdrive means, heart, lungs, organs all must increase their work to support the body. So with the heart and lungs working harder, surely it makes it more intense for an asthmatic?

As the uterus grows, squashes organs, limits the diaphragm movement and include with that baby movements and position, here are more reasons breathing troubles occur during pregnancy and increase as pregnancy progresses, so asthmatics would feel this more than a non asthmatic.

As i said, i'm not sure, but when you think of pregnancy and its affects on the body, the connection really can't be ruled out.

Good luck.

Add:

Asthma is an inflammatory disease/disorder, not an allergy. It has certain "triggers" that set an attack off and these can be anything including air/season/pressure change/temperature change, stress, food, chemical etc.

Some reading if you like:

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticl...

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/asthma_in_pregnancy...

• I feel your pain. I've had asthma for 14 years now and have seen several doctors. The truth is, there is no known cure for asthma at the moment. But the symptoms can be prevented. It really depends on what causes your brother's asthma. Mine is usually dust and hot weather. But I think the universal method is using the control inhaler.

I cured my Asthma the natural way?

• Not in early pregnancy. Asthma is an allergic reaction. In later pregnancy your lungs are restricted due to the growth of the baby, so it can make breathing difficult for asthmatics and non-asthmatics.

But your current flare up is probably due to plant blooming (since it's summer).

Take a pregnancy test.

• allergies is an hypersensitivity and is introduced on by ability of something. the perfect non medicine scientific take care of allergies is getting to grasp your triggers and averting them. situation-loose triggers are smoke, airborne dirt and dust, mould, mould, flora, airborne dirt and dust mites, pets and grass/weeds. in case you are able to no longer determine our your triggers, you are able to would desire to work out an allergist and have hypersensitivity screening completed. this would factor out your triggers. The national allergies Prevention software and the professional Panel of prognosis and administration of allergies the two agree in case you are able to desire to apply a prescription inhaler which includes albuterol greater then 2 time each week, your allergies isn't on top of issues and you will desire a prescription controller medicine. Controller drugs are steroids (Asthmacort Asthmanex, Flovent, Pulmocort), Leukotriene modifier (Singulair, Aculade, Zyflo) or mast cellular stabilizers (Cromolyn sodium, Intal, Tilade). it particularly is incredibly useful to chat on your well-being care professional approximately numerous sturdy controller drugs and perhaps Xolair pictures. in case you desire a shown, all-organic thank you to treatment your allergies, with out having to pay for ineffective drugs with risky ingredient-consequences, then it particularly is the main needed internet site you will ever study.