yahoo email server problem?

I have been having the same problem all week. Emails taking up to 8 hours to deliver.

Comments

• This problem has been reported to Yahoo since Feb 8, 2008!

I have gotten NO explanation, just the "we're aware & working on it" reply.

Yesterday, Yahoo sent me an email that the problem was fixed, but it is NOT! This only affects Yahoo emails sent by Outlook or a similar email client, which involves Yahoo's smtp server. If you send an email directly from Yahoo's website, it DOES go out immediately.

Several emails I sent via Outlook hours ago STILL have not gone out. I send myself bcc's, so that I am aware when the emails are actually sent out. Most of them are delayed at least 6 hours, but the time delay is not entirely consistent.

What IS consistent, is that Yahoo has had this problem OVER A WEEK! and has not made any public admission of the problem, even tho many of us actually pay for Yahoo's Mail Plus.

Very unprofessional....

• Yahoo Helpline Desk

• Terrible customer service. Yahoo has known about this problem for how long now yet they've done nothing to notify their customers. No wonder their company is going down the tubes. Gmail, here I come! B'bye Yahoo.

• yeah, im having problems too. i cant open my digital mail internet site because of fact when I click it, a internet site arise that reads cant locate server. this is fairly weird and wonderful and have no concept why this is not working. i'm going to edit later if i determine it out.

• mine aren't going out at all. is a yahoo problem or something with iphone? is your problem on an iphone also?