Is dubstep real music?

Cause there are people i know say that it is not real music,and i think to my self that it is, cause it makes me feel good and i was just wondering if it was cause it is popular now like pop music and rock and there are genres of dubstep that is pop and rock it would help if someone could tell me if it was actually real music or not.

Comments

• Well, since music is defined as "an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color", I think pretty much ANY genre would fit into that category. After all, what makes something music and something else not music? The beauty of music is that it is always changing.

Most folks who say that something isn't "real music" don't understand the culture behind the music, its meaning, the people it appeals to, the work the artist put into making the music, etc. Don't get me wrong; I HATE dubstep, but I'm not trying to say that it's not music. Because by any definition, it certainly is. It's just different than older music.