Acura RSX car starting issue.?

One day I went to start my car and it wouldn't crank up. The lights and horn worked but the car was struggling to start up. I got the battery, starter and alternator checked which all turned out fine with the scanner. Although the battery was a little low so I just bought a new one. The car worked fine for a week then once again it started struggling to start up when I tried to start it. When I took it to Acura they didn't see an issue since the car started up normally that day.

Now I'm noticing it takes me several minutes to start it on extremely cold days but not every day. Is this a sign that my starter is maybe slowly dying or an alternator issue? Also do I basically have to just wait for the starter to die out completely too truly see if it is the starter giving me an issue and how much does it typically cost to replace a starter?

Comments

• Its most likely your starter but to have your alternator check you need to remove it because a bad voltage regulator can fake a bad alternator. Check autozone for starter price. I would give you info on it but I do not know what year the car is

• first ingredient i might do is get my battery on a battery charger for an entire value, and that i does not care once you acquire it. you have been cranking it. next i might purchase a battery terminal twine brush gadget for below $5 and that i might sparkling the battery posts and the interior the battery terminal clamps. Then placed the clamps returned on the battery and tighten as tight as achievable. next i might rigidity to the motor vehicle aspects save and have them attempt the commencing/charging aspects. they're going to do this in the motor vehicle parking zone. Then i might restoration the project. finally, If i did not have faith mechanics as much as you do not have faith mechanics, i might start up gaining expertise of slightly extra on the subject of the motor vehicle than you look to appreciate. you do not understand and you need to pay.