Stress test?

I have been ordered to take a stress test, the proper name for it is, "Thallium myocardial perfusion scan", they inject radioactive compound into your veins, then scan your heart, then get you to ride a bike for 10 minutes, then they take another scan of your heart to see if there are any blockages, if there is a blockage anywhere, what can be done about it??????????

Comments

• DON'T WORRY , I HAD IT DONE AND I'M YOUNG . HERE GOES.....THEY ONLY ASK YOU NOT TO EAT SO THAT YOU WON'T THROW UP ( YOU'D REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A WEAK STOMACH ) . THE INJECTION IS NOTHING , IT'S SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOUR HEART RACE A BIT ( IF YOU'RE FIT , IT WON'T ) . IF YOU'RE REASONABLY HEALTHY ( NOT AT DEATH'S DOOR ) THEY WILL ASK YOU TO RAISE YOUR LEGS VIGOROUSLY ( "THIS" IS TO RAISE YOUR PULSE ) . TRY GETTING ANNOYED AT HOW MUCH IT'S COSTING YOU , IT WILL WORK .

THREE READINGS...1st AT NORMAL. 2nd HEART RACING . 3rd RECOVERING ( TIME TO NORMAL AGAIN ) .

SOME BLOCKAGES CAN BE CLEARED WITHOUT A GENERAL .

IF IT WAS REALLY SERIOUS WOULDN'T YOU BE IN I.C. RIGHT NOW ?

DON'T BE ALARMED IF YOU SEE A LOT OF DOCTORS etc. THAT'S NORMAL . THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING , SO TAKE IT EASY . LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTORS AND DON'T FORGET TO ASK QUESTIONS IF SOMETHING IS BOTHERING YOU .

GOOD LUCK !

• Depends on how bad the blockages are. When I had mine done they found blockage and sent he for a heart cath and determined there was a 50% blockage in my right artery. The cardiologist told me they would do a balloon angioplasty only if it was 70% blocked or more. If that does not work then they insert stints which are just little tubes that keep the blood flowing. For the past 2 years I have just been eating more healthy and exercising more and taking medication for high blood pressure and high cholesterol and it has not gotten worse.

Best thing you can do no matter what is eat healthy and exercise.

The stress test is painless but when i had mine done I had to walk a tredmill. I think i would have preferred the bicycle.

• It all depends upon where the blockage is and how bad it is. Some can be treated with medications. Some require surgery. Some can be fixed with a " roto rooter job" Talk to your doctor about your results and ask for all the alternative treatment choices available

• sometimes an angiogram depending on where it is and how bad the blockage is. Sometimes a simple blockage, ( blood clot), can be dissolved with medication. Good Luck to you.

• Angioplasty...they go in through the femoral artery with a very small camera and clear the blackage with a balloon.I had it done 11 yrs ago.No problems!

• As a senior citizen, I take very much of delight in telling you that I responded each and every of the questions properly--no cheating, no finding forward, no lie! i in my opinion enjoyed it, as a results of fact i think of that lots of the previous coots that i be conscious of would be unable to do as properly as I. i can rarely look ahead to an threat to grant them the attempt (i'm assuming which you will no longer concepts if I borrow it.) Granny