Can you turn this paragraph into past tense?

Sharma is my Mama’s and Dadi’s cousin. Sharma is like my mother. She is very kind, wise, and truthful. She tries to help my Mama and Dadi that I shouldn’t have to marry Rahim-Sahib, but fails. She helps me make choices by telling me what to do. Her wisdom helps me a lot. She told me that the s secret is keeping your innermost beauty, the secrets of my soul, locked in my heart. He must always reach out to me to get it. Rahim-Sahib will never reach out. She made me a lot braver, and bolder. She gave me the urge to run away. Without her help, I would not have had the courage I had.

Comments

• Sharma was my Mama's and Dadi's cousin. Sharma was like my mother. She was very kind, wise, and truthful. She tried to help my Mama and Dadi so that I wouldn't have to marry Rahim-Sahib, but failed. She helped me make choices by telling me what to do. Her wisdom helped me a lot. She told me that the secret to keeping your inner-most beauty, the secret to your soul, locked in my heart. She always reached out to me to get it. Rahim-Sahib will never reach out. She made me feel braver, and bolder. She gave me the urge to run away. Without her, I would not have had the courage I had to run away.

• Sharma was my Mama’s and Dadi’s cousin. Sharma was like my mother. She was very kind, wise, and truthful. She tried to help my Mama and Dadi that I wouldn’t have to marry Rahim-Sahib, but failed. She helped me make choices by telling me what to do. Her wisdom helped me a lot. She told me that the s secret is keeping your innermost beauty, the secrets of my soul, locked in my heart. He must always reach out to me to get it. Rahim-Sahib would never reach out. She made me a lot braver, and bolder. She gave me the urge to run away. Without her help, I would not have had the courage I had.

• is - was

tries - tried

have - had

fails - failed

helps - helped

reach - reached