How much do pug puppies cost?

I REALLY want a pug! I'd rather get a puppy, that way I can raise it through out it's whole life and so it'll be easier to train. But how much can I expect to pay for one? I've heard people say they're very very expensive, but I've also heard that they're not that high priced at all. Which is right? How much are pug puppies in the USA? Do they need any type of special care? What type of dog food would be best for them? Where's the best place to buy one? If there's any other information/facts I need to know about pugs, please let me know!

Update:

Donna - That sounds like a PERFECT idea. I'm a big animal lover so if I can help one in any way, I'll do it. I'd love to get one from one of those places. I'll tell my parents when I get one, that's what I want to do.

Comments

• I think that the price varies from state to state. But here's a link to show you a complete profile of the lovely pug, along with some breed organizations and rescue groups specific to this breed for some possible adoption. It's much, much cheaper to adopt than to go to breeders.

http://lnk.nu/dogtime.com/swx.html

• Please go to the Pug Rescue site in your state. My sister has fostered hundreds of pugs in Florida and there are so many dogs across the country that need good homes. Before they are placed in Forever Homes, the pugs are vet checked, neutered, etc and they cost a lot less than purchasing one from a breeder.

• You can get them at a reputable dog breeder. Dogs should be AKC registered. And don't expect to pay less than $900...don't listen to ninjamap^ I checked that page and those dog where under ACA american canine association which is literally a scam, you can register any dog regardless of its purity or health conditions on that. Look for AKC only if you are in the US.

• pug puppies cost 300 to 1,000 dollars.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pug

you need to do your research on this breed. they have TONS of health problems and end up costing you a lot more than you paid in the first place. you're not just paying for food with this dog, you're paying for a lifetime of expensive vet care.

they have smashed in faces that result in compacted breathing passages so they can't breathe properly or regulate their body temperature (as dogs don't sweat, they pant to cool down, pugs have a very difficult time with this) and therefore can't be out in hot or cold weather. their eyes bug out of their heads making them prone to eye injuries. those cute curly tails you see on dogs, are actually the result of hemivertebrae, which if it occurs in the spine can cause paralysis and most dogs are euthanized. the wrinkly face calls for daily cleaning between the wrinkles to prevent fungus from growing on the dog's skin. they need daily exercise as they are prone to obesity. these are just SOME of the health problems these dogs have.

so remember when you're buying a pug, that you will have to deal (and pay huge amounts of money) for one or more of these health problems. make sure that you and your parents can afford to buy a dog like this.

check petfinder. you'll find a puppy on there. i wouldn't recommend buying from a breeder, as they tend to breed for the look of a dog, rather than health. (the smashed face/ curly tail. both of which can cause problems.)

i'm not trying to talk you out of buying this dog. i'm just telling you you need to be prepared. in the long run they can cost you quite a bit of money. you may be better off going to a local shelter and finding a puppy there. they have lots of cute puppies to choose from, and you would be saving a life.

• Not sure on that i just got a Siberian Husky like month ago and verry smart learn's fast cute not tht much ether there around $800

• If you get a pup from a reputal breeder you can expect to pay no less than $800.

• It depends on the breeder and lineage of the dog,it also depends on the quality of the animal,pet quality and show quality differ in price.

• http://www.pugrescue.com/hotlinks.html

or put ini "pug rescue" yourself.

• i got a 500$ golden and i love him and is very easier to train and he is very smart!