How to get a big break as a teenage actress?

Okay, I've wanted to be an actress since I was 4. Ive never been in major play roles or anything but I love to act, and when doing monologues at camp and such my friends and coaches say I'm really great at portrayig characters. This summer (I'm 13) I'm going to Lee Strasberg school for acting (where Rob Deniro, lady gaga, Marilyn Monroe, alec Baldwin, Megan fox and Jennifer aniston went). From there, where can I start my acting career with my little experience? I want to make a big break so bad, it's my dream. Do I get an agent? Do I need experience for one? How do I get on commercials, shows or movies? ***I live in New York City***

Comments

• do extra classes to have more to put on your resume, do community theatre, get an agent then you shall see from there

• once you start at the strasberg school, you will have more guidance and connections. keep an eye out, online or in the trades, for commercial and student film auditions. if you want to try being an extra, just to get the feel of being on set, go for it (a parent will have to accompany you), but DO NOT put that extra work on your resume. being an extra is not acting, and it is unprofessional to include it.

once you have more training, and some speaking roles on your resume, you can submit to agencies. just be aware, that even though you may complete each of these steps, it's no guarantee you will ever book a paying gig....it's even less likely you will make a living at it, and very improbable that you will become famous. make sure you are pursuing this because you love to act, or you are going to be very disappointed.

• first you get training,experience and build up a resume,then you and a parent look for an agent to get

you on the professional auditions you fit and want to do. this is not something your going to accomplish

in a few weeks or months. you need to be looking at this in terms of years. the only way to get on the things you ask about is to have the proper agent and give a better audition than anyone else who auditioned.

• "concrete jungle where dreams are made, there's nothing you can't do -- in New York"

Haha, my advice is the Yellow Pages and TONES of google for an agent. But to begin, you should try out as an "Extra" in a movie, episode, etc. There easiER to get into, and plus, it looks good on your resume because you get experience

You'll do great :D