8t grade egg drop research ideas please?

I'll try to make this sound simple, even though it is not complicated, but I make things complicated.

1) i'm doing the egg drop project for my sciece fair, but my problem is i don't know what kind of research to do for it? I need at least 5 pages of research.

I think it falls under the physics category? So what do i research the project on?

I was thinking the laws of motion, and i don't know what else? It HAS to RELATE to the experiment which is trying to create a secure container to put an egg in, drop it from whatever height wanted and have the egg not break. But how can the laws of motion relate to the egg breaking or not? Ot at least securing it? Help? Feel free to give me new ideas or change my ideas up!

2) can you help me mix it up? I want to make it a unique project, not try the same thing as past projects. Maybe something like, "does speed and/OR timing effect the...egg drop experiment ?" i lost myself on that one...god i'm hopeless sometimes.

3) please help me! I want to make it to the state science fair. Or at least get a wonderful grade! Thanks for all the help! Aiming for selective enrollment highschools too! :D

Comments

• the container, and the egg, have energy, because they are falling.

SOMETHING must control or absorb that energy before it gets to the egg, to keep it from breaking.

If this was a car, with people inside, things you could use would be a STRONG outside, and seatbelts'

or an outside that would crush and use all the energy before the energy got to the egg ( people inside)

or something like airbags.

=============

so - you are concerned with

speed, weight, velocity of a fall

how to absorb energy

how to direct energy on other directions

• Cast a 6 inch block of clear gelatin. with a sharp knife cut a line in the middle half way through. At the bottom of the cut, hollow out a cavity the size of the egg. place egg in cavity. Moisten the cut and put in icebox. Use twice the amount of gelatin so it is very thick. It will be like rubber. You will be able to see the egg inside. Mix the gelatin with an electric mixer so it is smooth and free of lumps.