My dad is depressed :(?

I have 3 other siblings and we live in a house with 2 bedrooms one is really small and the other one is average.

Anyway my dad is really sad lately he doesn't want to do anything anymore,.gets angry at everything and everyone, yells over the smallest things and keeps saying he wants to rob a bank (he can't because he has a bad knee)

He keeps borrowing money from us and he always says that he is so sorry for that, he sleeps on the couch and we sleep on a mattress.

He always talks negative about everyone and everything. He wants help but he is too embarrassed, he doesn't have a normal life.

He says he feels like a bad dad because he can't give us the life he always wanted.

I really want to help my daddy even though we fight I still.love him and wish the best for him.

Can someone please help me with that? I search for something inexpensive please?

How can I make our life better?!?

Update:

Btw, my mom is bipolar I only see her 1 time a week ( and my parents are divorced) my mom.is doing terrible too :(

Comments

• Oh, honey, I'm sorry about your situation, but you need to know, you aren't the one causing it. Unfortunately, that means there's nothing really that YOU can do to "fix" him.

I don't know where you are, but there are several churches in my area that provide counseling on a sliding scale. Basically that means that whatever your income is, they'll adjust the cost of the counseling to make it reasonable for you. Your dad needs counseling, and possibly some antidepressants as well, to work through his feelings about what's going on. If y'all try calling some different churches, they may be know of some resources you're not aware of.

The reason your dad is acting like he is is possibly clinical depression (common after an illness or injury, and also during times of extreme stress, and your dad has both going on), which is something serious that needs some professional help.

Best of luck to all of you.

• Talk to a teacher or school counselor.

You can't fix your dad or your living situation, you're a kid.

Someone needs to persuade your dad to get professional help. Whether he agrees or not, YOU need help coping. Talk to some adult. Another relative, but preferably someone at your school or church.

• What about your mom? I think he's sad because he feels he is failing at his parental duty which is to provide for his family. Cheer him up, make him feel like things aren't that bad.

• Have you tried Seeing the docter, He/She Can help you with some depression meds.