How to draw a perfect nose?

Hi everybody! I'm just wondering how to draw a perfect nose. I can never really get my noses right so please could you say step by step. Thank you!

Comments

• I always draw noses the way my high school Art I teacher taught me:

1. No matter the angle of the face or light direction, a nose will always start as three circles or other orb-like shapes. Look at yourself in a mirror. You nose has one circle in the middle to make up the tip of the nose and two others to make the cartilage and skin around your nostrils.

2. With this fact established, it becomes relatively easy to draw noses.

3. If you are drawing from life (not a picture) start by mapping out the eyes. Your face is made in perfect proportion to your eyes: There is one eye between your eyes, five eyes across your face, your mouth and nose are the same length as one of your eyes and the distances between your features can be mapped in even amounts of eyes as well. Once you've mapped their eyes, draw a line about one eye length away from the bottom of their eye--this line will be a guide for the bottom of their nose.

4. If you are not drawing from life but are instead drawing from a photo--sometimes referred to as photo-realism--then begin by mapping out those three circles. Draw a circle around the center or tip of the nose, the outside edges of which stop at the inside edges of the nostrils. Then draw two more circles around the nostrils. Be aware that sometimes the circles may look misshaped or they might overlap. If it is a side or three-quarters profile you may not be able to see all of a circle or one might disappear altogether.

5. If you are drawing from life, the next step is the same as step four--only map the circles directly onto your drawing sheet.

6. For both life and photo--Now, on the photo or on the drawing, map a rough outline of the nose around those circles. Transfer the circles and outline to a drawing sheet if not already done.

7. Map out the nostrils and bridge of nose using method described in step six. Be sure that the top edge of the bridge of the nose dips and that it connect to the persons brow bone. The approximate length of the bridge is one eye length.

8. With all of the outlining done It's time to make your circles look more like a nose. You can begin by erasing portions of the circle to make the connections on the nose more natural. You may leave portions of these lines for now until the value / shading are done. Then, depending on the person you are rendering, you can make the nose look more square, upturned, etc. by altering the outline around these circles. For anime or manga noses you might consider replacing that middle circle with a more oblong diamond shape.

9. Most of what comes next is the shading. If you need help there you'll have to look elsewhere! :D

I hope this helps you. I've found as I've gotten better I don't ned to be so stingy with the circles and multiple copies, but for a beginning nose, the circles work pretty well. Have fun drawing!

Brianne

• Discover The Secrets Of Drawing Realistic Pencil Portraits. This will help you to achieve mastery in a very short period of time.

All of these break down into 5 lessons of realistic facial features drawing.

+) How To Draw A Realistic Eye

+) How To Draw A Realistic Nose

+) How To Draw A Realistic Mouth And Teeth

+) How To Draw A Realistic Ear

+) How To Draw Realistic Hair

Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery - Discover Right Now!

http://pencilportraitmastery.info/secrets-1475.htm...

Learn to Draw like a Master Artist with over 32 hours of easy to follow training videos

This step by step instruction will have you drawing better than you ever imagined possible.

You Could be Drawing Your First Lesson in 5 Minutes Time

+) Draw along in each class

+) No matter where you are

+) In Full High Definition quality

Pencil Drawing Made Easy | Learn pencil drawing the easy way!

http://pencildrawingmadeeasy.info/lesson-1475.html

Learn how to sell your drawings and photographs and get paid for life!

A weird trick a lazy college student used to make over $2,000 in a month!!!

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!

1. CREATE: - Learn how to take simple pictures with your camera, or create simple drawings and turn them into an unlimited supply of cash!

(They will show you how to step by step!)

2. UPLOAD - Uploading your pictures or drawings is actually easier than you think, and just takes a few minutes to do.

(Just select the images and click upload!)

3. GET $$$ - When someone downloads your picture or drawing, you will get paid! The best part is, you can sell the same image over and over again!

(No experience required!)

Get Paid To Draw - Make money as an artist with art, design, and photos! Discover Right Now

http://getpaidtodraw.info/make-money-now-1475.html

• It's easy once you get the hang of it. Look at reference images; the most important thing is that you get the placement of the nose right, then the rest falls in place.

• it all depends on the angle,if the sun is to the left or right(to shade) or if the person is looking to the sides, i have a video on drawing a face on the side if your interrested..not the best tho...havent gone trough a course or anything but its the way i do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7tVbdTkpM