SEPTA Monthly Or Weekly TransPasses?

I've always bought tokens and used change for transfer tickets (or used all cash fare) so I don't know how the TransPasses work. The website says that they can be used for unlimited one-zone rides through a time (monthly or weekly) on any transit route but does that include when you have to transfer too? I almost always have to transfer between buses. If they are good for transfers, you would swipe the pass twice, right? Once on the 1st bus and then again on the 2nd bus? What are the TrailPasses for? Are they for only when you want to ride Regional Rail/Subway/Trolley as well as buses in one trip?

Comments

• Yes, just swipe it each time you enter a bus.

I had to look up the silly "TrailPass/TransPass" terminology to figure out what that meant. I live in Zone 2 and buy weekly and monthly passes, but I just ask for a "Zone 2 weekly". I had no idea it was called a "Trailpass".

Basically it's by zone. SEPTA is calling the "TransPass" the weekly or monthly pass that is good in the center city zone only. Everything else that lets you cross zones is called a "TrailPass", and the more zones it's good for, the more expensive.

My weekly zone 2 pass lets me ride the subways, trolleys and buses downtown without limit in addition to going 2 zones at a time on the regional rails.

• Septa Monthly Transpass

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

SEPTA Monthly Or Weekly TransPasses?

I've always bought tokens and used change for transfer tickets (or used all cash fare) so I don't know how the TransPasses work. The website says that they can be used for unlimited one-zone rides through a time (monthly or weekly) on any transit route but does that include when you have to...

• It's like a card you swipe through the thing on the bus or train. You can use it as many times as you want until it expires at the end or the week or month (depending on if you buy the weekly or monthly).

• I think the previous month's transpass is valid until 10 am of the first business day of the following month. So yes you can use it until 10 am Wednesday Jan 2. If I were you, I would make sure of this on Septa's website before trying it.

• TRANSPASSES ARE VERY SIMILAR TO TRESPASSES. IF YOU HAVE TOO MANY TRESPASSES YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO BOARD THE TRAIN.

BEVERLY J. BARBER

1949 A.D.