1993 Toyota Camry car problems?

For a while now, my Camry hasn't been normal, it's louder than its suppose to be and the noise is coming from the mid section right under where you sit to the front.

Sometime it smells really bad (carbon dioxide)? and it eats a load gas.

What do I need to do to get this repair? I am still in college and this is the only thing I can afford :( Help?!

Update:

And how much will it cost to repair?

Comments

• You have an exhaust leak. Depending on how it is leaking maybe you can have it welded but more likely you are going to have to replace a part/s of your exhaust. Bring to a shop have them lift it and see what it needs.

• It's the exhaust and it's definitely not carbon MONOXIDE either because that's odorless and it will kill quickly. It's the exhaust fumes you smell and a leak somewhere near the catalytic conv.

• I had the same problem. It's the fans. they are usually behing the grill of your car. That is what help keeps your engine cool at an idle. Which would explain why your a.c. works better when the car is moving. If that's not it then you may need a re-charge or a new compressor and dryer.

• problem with the exhaust probably the catalytic converter, take it to a muffler shop if you wanna do it yourself you better have a welding machine and know how to weld, oh and its carbon monoxide.

• good 1st answer except for the smell part the idiot should know carbon monoxide is oderless