Regular birth control user, abnormal periods???

I have been on birth control for the last 7 years. I have never had any side effects or problems. The last few months I have been extremely irregular when it comes to my periods. I have been either late, or early. My periods are last for two weeks. I figured that it was just stress, so I did not worry. However, I just got off of my last period a couple of weeks ago. Then I started my period again a week later! I am still on this new period! I was wondering if anyone else had ever expeirienced this? I have had stress, but really no more than normal. I am starting to feel like my only option is to buy stock in Playtex!! Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! I should probably add that other than the last few months, my periods have been extremely regular on the birth control.

Update:

Thanks for all the answers so far! I am only 28 and have no children, so I hope that I am not entering menopause already, lol. I work with a couple of girls, but one is pregnant and the other has her period right about the same time I regularly used to have mine. I will look into changing bc pills. Thanks again.:)

Comments

• I had taken LoEstrin for 10 years and never had a problem, until I turned 36. Then my periods went CRAZY. The problems were also accompanied by other peri-menopausal symptoms, but the doctor I was seeing refused to acknowledge that I might be starting menopause, so she just blew me off.

I finally found a doctor who would listen to me, and she changed me to YAZ. In the past few months, my symptoms have for the most part abated, and my periods have gone from bizarre to nearly non-existent.

My point is: Maybe you need to consider changing your formulation. It could be that your body chemistry as you get older is not reacting as it used to, to the pill you're currently on, and its time for a change.

It certainly would be worth discussing with your doctor at the very least.

• For as long as you have been on your pill, you may need to get checked and a change. Sometimes the body starts reacting to foreign substances in the body. If you have become allergic/immuned then a change is called for. If you are under a great deal of stress it can have an effect but normally goes away when the stress is relieved. If you have developed cysts or other in that area it too can cause this problem you are having. My advise is see your GYN and tell them all you have stated here and ask their advice and if they dont give you the answer you want get a second opinion. Doctors are human and make mistakes, 90% of the time their mostly right the other 10% well...that is where we the patients suffer.

• I do not suppose it's in all possibility that you're pregnant whilst you so much amazing took one pill overdue and you have got accomplished a quantity of pregnancy assessments. I don't have any idea why you skipped your first interval, however the purpose you would have skipped an additional one is extra most often than no longer thus of you coming off the pill. It's common for traditional intervals to take a at the same time to go back while coming off the capsule. Simply try to chill out and your period must go back at a few component. Try to peer it because the capsule messing up your cycle, that may be very normal.

• I know it sounds weird, but sometimes your cycle readjusts to match other women in your immediate surroundings. Many women who start living in a college dorm have crazy cycles for awhile, and then they all get on nearly identical schedules. Has there been any change in the women you spend a lot fo time with, live with, or work with? Also, sometimes your body just goes a bit wacko. It's nothing serious, just annoying and stressful. Stay on the birth control and relax. It will calm down over time. Stress can do it on its own. Everything's regulated by hormones, which are highly susceptible to stress. Get some exercise to help release the stress. Good luck!

• Your hormones are changing. You may need a different pill.

See your Gyn.