Pirates trade deadline?

What are they going to do?

Comments

• The Pirates are in uncharted waters meaning for the first time in 19 years they are competitive. What a thing to see . I would hope they would get a proven veteran to lead this team. Being only one game out amd 4 games over 500. A proven bat or pitcher could lead them to stealing the division. The owners don't like to spend so need to be a player the other team would release or eat most of his contract. Sorry don't have a name but wow I am impressed with these Pirates I wasn't 3 weeks ago. There pitching seems to have come out of nowhere. Hey is this the 1969 Amazing Mets re-incarnated ?

• Yeah great question at this point in time. Firstly, I don't think they are going to let anyone go for prospects...not this time.

Just speculating, the 2 players that might have some value to other clubs....the 2 veteran bats, Jones and Lyle Overbay. What I would be looking for is a starting pitcher...probably a No.3, 4, starter who might be able to fillin 10-12 starts this year only. A guy like Livian Hernandez, Miguel Batisa, Carlos Villenueva...someone on a low ball salary, who might be expendable.

They don't need hitting...so if they only let one of those 2 players go..Overbay or Jones, they would still have a veteran in the lineup.

The other option is to do nothing, but let's hope they don't put anyone up for trade, that would be a mistake.

• They should make any trade they can to improve the team for next year. There are 3 teams in their div. that are better than them and at least one of them is going to get hot in the second half.

• they have money so probably a hitter cuz their pitching is good