Computer = Strange Noises!?

After my sister downloaded a free trial of Burger Rush from Yahoo! Games, my computer now makes whirring noises and is responding veryslowly to the way i type and stuff. I deleted the game and its components, but it is still being slow!!! HELP! i dont want my computer to stay this way.

Comments

• Press Start>

Search>

select files and folders>

type in Burger Rush>

ALL Files containing these words. press enter.

When the search is done, delete the files that were left behind (this is a common practice for them to leave files behind after you uninstall) Always choose the uninstall feature from your contol panel to remove software, it is the safest way.

Then right click the big blue 'e' and delete your history, cookies and all temporary files, That should clear up your problem.

Barring that, you can always try system restore.

• The noise sounds if it is a fan. The fan having issues is not clearing the heat away from the processor. When the processor heats up it will run slower, and if it gets too hot it will simply overheat and the computer will shut down until it is cool enough to run again.

A new fan can be got in Radioshack for about $5-$10 and installed in a few minutes. Another quick fix is to put a drop or two of olive oil into the fan to see if that stops the noise, that is a quick fix but may eliminate some of your fears.

• You could have a spy-ware, trojan or virus infection. Check for all. You could be having hardware issues. The whirring noise could be a disk going bad or a noisy cooling fan.

For starters, make sure you have a good backup of critical data. Then try software solutions, i.e., spyware, etc.... If that solves your problem, you are golden, otherwise it off to the shop time.

Spy Bot, Avira free virus checker and remover, and ad aware are good freeware programs.

• If your computer is making strange noises, it is a hardware problem. Probably one of the fans in it. Has nothing to do with any software you downloaded.

• scan for spyware and viruses sounds like you picked up something with the download, but not sure about the sound thing

• Does it sound like metal clanking together? May be the hard drive.

• its very likely that u have a computer virus... weird nosies must be your hardrive processing a lot of data....

• I think your talking about the fan.

• www.adaware.com if it installed malware this will probably get rid of it.