2000 Honda Civic EX IACV problem?

My 2000 Honda Civic EX has 215,000 miles and has always ran well but recently the CEL light came on for the IACV and as soon as it did/does it starts to buck/kick/jump whatever you want to call it when I let off or step on the gas, even very slowly. This is the main issue only as soon as the light comes on but gets better after a few drives but it still idles up and down on stops. I replaced the IACV and after a few miles the light turns on again and the same problem comes back. ONLY with the check engine light does the car act up. I can reset it by disconnecting the neg battery and everything will be fine for a while. It’s a manual. Please help, I will return the new IACV and put in my old one after cleaning it thoroughly with throttle body cleaner. I believe it might be electrical since its only when the cars CEL comes on.

Update:

I've searched the internet for answers/suggestions with no luck.

Comments

• Honestly the replacement of an IAC valve when you get the code should take care of your problem all together...yes its very possible it could be electrical but prob because of some rodent damage to a wire harness somewhere...Now the one thing that can be causing your problem altogether is if you have an air bubble in the cooling system and as it travels by the IAC it can cause abnormal performance issues when it passes throught the valve....that would explain the fact it will run ok for a while then act up???? Hard to say but a very elementary Question at this point would be is the coolant level full in the radiator and the reservior full of coolant...and make sure the radiator cap is allowing the coolant to travel back and forth when the engine heats up and cools down...I have seen caps go bad where they will allow coolant out of the radiator but not back in and then the reservior fills up completely and the air bubble developes......thats just a "out on a limb" theroy because the IAC usually will cause the idle surge up and down and cause the engine idle to drop low on decel but usually wont cause a car to buck/kick on accel? might have an addtional issue causing the poor performance on accel but the repeat CEL on is the mystery if coolant levels are good...if they are i would inspect the wire harness closely from firewall to IAC!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

• I believe it might be the european. My first thought used to be the IACV - however you said you replaced that. I suspect you are getting air into the plenum somehow, both that or the MAP sensor has long gone nackers on you. Don't forget, the IACV is managed with the aid of the engine RPM, so if it's excessive it should shut it all the way down to usual. In case you must swap it off then again on - might be you might have a nasty temp sensor on the engine block. Perhaps the car would not comprehend it's warmed up. Hello! Might be that is the main issue. Appears remote, however i guess at this factor you are opening to get somewhat determined to search out the quandary. Hope this helps. 'av'a g'day mate. ")