ram random access memory?

i am looking at upgrading my ram but am not sure what type i have how do i find this out?

Comments

• As mentioned by other members go to crucial.com/uk

You can either use the scan or there's an option to select your make/ model etc and it will tell you exactly the type you need and how much your system can use.

The UK scanner is

http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/

Use the UK site so you can then purchase the memory right after the scan based on the recomendations.

The link pi gave you is the US site

If you buy from them it also comes with instructions of how to install it - which is VERY easy.

I've used them a few times with no problems.

• There's no need to start pulling anything apart or scrabble through manuals, just use crucial, as already given. That not only tells you the memory on your specific machine but also tells you what alternatives there are for upgrading.

• Go to Google and Type in "Kingston Memory Configurator".

This will determine what type of RAM your system uses automatically.

• Ensuring your machine is unplugged and fully earther for static reasons remove the exisitng ram - taking a note of how many ram sockets you have - and pop down to your local store and buy as much as you can reasonably afford - ram is quite cheap now

• You might try:

Checking the documentaion that came with the computer.

Checking the manufacturer's web site, to see if they list the specs

Contact the manufacturer's support centre and ask them

or try here:

http://www2.pny.com/Categories/MemoryUpgrades.aspx...

• the easiest way is to run the free version of everest on ur machine ... many memory selling sites have a testing app u can run also ... try kingston or crucial ...

• take out your old memory stick... be very careful not to touch the contacts hold it by the tip of your fingers at each end..place it in a plastic bag and take it to the computer store to see if they have the same type of memory, there are several types of memory and speeds

• Use the crucial website that Pi suggested above. It will tell you exactly what you need

• Hi, Right click on the MY Computer Icon and then select properties.