Tumblr IP Address Privacy?

So basically I'm part of this group on tumblr, and apparently there's been some anon hate going around. The admin of the group said this: "Because it is anonymous hate, tumblr can give us the urls of the IPs who are sending the hate."

So basically they said they had the IP addresses. I just want to know: can they have IP addresses from anonymous questions? Are IP addresses exact locations? And can tumblr give out urls if given those IPs?

Any answers would be appreciated, I'm really concerned about my privacy right now.

Comments

• The IP address can get as close as your city or town. After that, you need an "inside man" at the ISP company who can give out more detailed info.If someone is capturing your packets (data), then yes....thats a whole different ball game. They can find out your equipment types, passwords, logins, address's, and if they have the skill, they can manipulate the packets (info) you are sending out to say or do just about anything. Find a proxy.

Best advice is to find a proxy server, or use a VPN. They are everywhere.

• Tumblr cannot legally give out IPs. Your admin is full of it. Even with IPs, you cannot pinpoint someone. They are not exact locations. All you can do with an IP address is, visit an IP lookup website like http://www.ip-details.com/ and find the basic geographical locations like Country, state, pin code, ISP, etc.

• Some people's internet systems (idk if it's the router type or something) constantly change their IPs for security reasons, so it's likely their IP searches aren't accurate. Whatever they get probably isn't right anyway.