toshiba dvd/vhs player?

I have a Toshiba sd-v295 dvd/vhs player. I bought it new and have had it for around 5 years now, I can't get any audio when I play a vhs, but when I play a dvd it has great audio. I played a vhs when it was new and had no audio even then, it plays the movie fine, great picture and play, but it has no audio. I can fast forward/reverse etc...but no audio. I must have it hooked up correctly or the dvd audio would not work,,,,right?? Somebody help me please,,;o) I just want to watch some old movies on vhs but the audio isn't there...

Comments

• You probably don't have it hooked up correctly sometimes those units only have to have one connection for audio for both VCR and DVD but other times you have to hook up two separate connections one for DVD and another for VHS depending on how the unit was designed...you might also try pluging in the connections for the VHS and once you get that going with sound; the DVD may be able to play through those same connections for VHS but not the other way around....but just unplug everything and try and get the VCR to work fist and then the DVD player.....last