Do Civil Affairs Reserve Units Deploy Alot?

am thinking of switching my MOS, am currently an E5 (42F) and am interested in joining a civil affairs reserve unit. I currently have a good civilian job that am trying to keep but am thinking that joining a civil affairs reserve unit may cost me my job because am getting news that civil affairs deploys alot.Is this true?......Thanks

Comments

• Yes...and I know lots of reserve CA folks

• The only Civil Affairs in the Guard would be in staff positions, most likely at division headquarters. In the staff job they would do the communications role. Civil Affairs units are in the Reserves. The Civil Affairs units are intended for international work, not domestic so much. Only under specific conditions can federal troops (and Reserves are federal) can operate in the USA.

• I was in CA in the reserves and I don't see how CA applies to modern warfare---well, had I been in Iraq I would not have allowed the looting of the National Museum. That could have been a CA job I guess.

• They do, yes. We are involved in a "hearts and minds" kind of operation, even though there is a lot of shooting still going on in Afghanistan.