How do you frame canvas paper?

I created a palette-knife oil painting on canvas paper and would like to frame it. However, I would like to keep the look of the heavy impasto. Where would I start? Thank you very much for your time.

Comments

• canvas paper? i think you mean just loose canvas. well to keep the look of heavy impasto, you should ask the framing store to mount the painting on masonite then frame it for you.

• If you mean the canvas sheets that come in a pad.....then you can glue them to an actual canvas or to a heavy board. Spread the glue evenly and smoothly on the board, then start at one end with the canvas, and slowly smooth it down one side to the other. The impasto will stay, just don't press too hard.

• Try sandwiching the paper between 1/16" thick glass, found at a hardware store. Find a frame that has a 1/8 " gap/groove for the glass. This way the paper is stored archivally, it will keep the paper safe through time, unlike glues, which can range in PH levels.

• I personally like it when paper is glued to a canvas. You can of course do the same to any other type of board or what ever but glue it you must.

• complicated matter. try searching with google. this will help!