SERIOUSLY nasty dog breath issues?

My dog's breath STINKS!! And I'm not talking normal doggie breath here. It smells like something died in his mouth. seriously. At his checkup the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him that could be causal of the nasty breath issue. No rotting teeth, no GI problems. Nothing. We feed him dental bones, brush his teeth, etc... NOTHING helps!! He's the most adorable sweet dog in the world, but when he breathes on you - it's like getting smacked in the face with a rotting pork chop. What can I do? Help!!

Comments

• ok if toothpaste doesnt work then just try diffrent one there is no need of panic also i saw a candy for a dog that works like toothpase it gets rid of breath smell you can buy it in pet store

• Haha :)

Well just like the other answers i would reccomend toothpast/ brushing teeth. One to Two times a day just like you would brush you teeth!

also, try feeding it diffrent foods. The food you dog may be eating could be getting stuck in his teeth and thats whats smelling! Or maybe its just not agreeing with his tummy!

Hope i helps :)

• Change his diet to one based on a different meat source like going from lamb to turkey or fish.

If you smell ammonia on his breath and he drinks more than usual, have the vet check kidney function.

• well it might be bacteria. bacteria causes bad breath.