do dentists try to scam you?

is our dentist trying to scam us? thing is my spouse and i have gone to this dentist a long time. my husband about 15 or so years and me 6 years. then he retired and got this new dentist that we've been seeing for about a year. thing is with me the old dentist would always tell me he would keep an eye on my tooth to see if i needed a filling because of it always being sensitive. he has said this for years and never has said anything has needed to be done. with my husband he is always having to get a few small fillings with this old dentist. we've been going to this new dentist the old dentist uses for about a year now. she has told me the last two times i have went to the dentist that i have been grinding my teeth and that i need to get a 300 mouth gaurd to keep me from grinding my teeth. the retired dentist has never said anything about it.she also told me this last time that i have grinded my teeth so much that i will more than likely will need a crown after my baby is born. again, the dentist we had went to before her never has said this. she also told my husband that he needs three fillings and a crown when the old dentist has never said this all the time he has gone there. he just has to do fillings usually. does this sound like a scam that a new dentist is using to try to get money when the procedures aren't necessary and that she is just making up symptoms to you? should we get a new dentist since our old dentist retired and since the new dentist he hired is saying this kind of stuff? thanks :)

Comments

• Different dentists often have different diagnoses because they were taught differently.

another way to look at it is the older dentist could have been missing things.