Do exchange rates differ from country to country?

Specifically, a hotel im intending to stay at in Germany is taking full payment for a reservation I have made. I have checked the exchange rate and know how much it should cost just going on a standard conversion rate. However, I just wanted to double check in the vain hope that it might be cheaper than I am expecting seeing as they are taking payment form within Germany?

Comments

• yes, they might.. they might even be different from one place to another or one exchanging office to another in the same country... but that wont affect the sum that much... it's unnoticeable variability

• If they're taking payment from a credit card, the rate will be whatever your card company has decided.

Companies dealing with foreign exchange are entitled to set their own exchange rates. There isn't one standard exchange rate that every company has to use. So the answer is that exchange rates differ from company to company, never mind from country to country. You need to shop around in order to get the best rate.

• It wont be Cheaper. COnversion rates dont vary country to Country

• yes, and not only country to country but day to day; in some places even during the day.