My dog refuses to pee outside?

She's 1, we got her as a puppy and been training her since, thing is, well walk her and walk her, BUT, shell hold it in till we come home and pee on the floor. What do we do? It's getting annoying now, she's a golden retriever. Well be out and she'll hold it in till she goes home. What should we do?

Comments

• When training Goldies it's important to remember that they interact very closely with humans. more so that many other breeds. If the dog sees you using the toilet indoors. It will take this as a sign that this behavior is acceptable. I would not suggest that you begin to do your business outside but rather. remove your shirt when you relieve yourself. This will send a message to the dog that it is the natural way a human goes and NOT a dog.

• This is classic with people who train their dogs with puppy pee-pads. If you did that with her when she was younger, try bringing the pee pads outside, and having her pee outside.

• I know this sounds mean but, I'd put her on a chain outside until she peed. And get her used to peeing outside.

• Dont bring her in till she pees. Then reward and bring in.

Never use pee pads.

• if the dog doesnt go out side.... bring her in and tell her ..crate time...place her in the crate and in about an hour try the outside again....if nothing repete the process till she goes outside ..then give a treat when you come in and brag ...do this method till shes trained....dogs wont usually potty in the crate.

• I have 4 dogs that do this too! Nothing has worked so they wear doggy diapers.

• Pick her up and throw her outside. Then she or hewill learn

• Might be too cold for him/her

• time to start using newspaper......