how to convince parents into a dog?

well, if gotten really into dogs. but my parents, pow . they always say nooo. they say that " the vet prices are too big. "

or they say " they chew all the furni and toys ". its getting me irrated. i know all the facts about dogs. i know its a responsobility, with all the poo and pee, and walks, vets. is there a way i can get me that dog. i know a fact why my dad says no because when we were viewing the doggy i wanted, and played with it, my dad thought it was wayyy too hyper. is there anyyyy way i can get it. :(. please help! thank you guys! =]

Comments

• Your parents know just what's involved with owning a pooch. You might want to wait til you're grown and out on your own. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. :P

• If they don't want a dog, then you can't get a dog. You're just gonna have to live with their choice until you're old enough to pay for all the vet bills, take full responsibility for the dog, and train it properly.

Learn how to spell/use correct grammar. It chews the furni? Are you really too lazy to type the word furniture? If you type your question with a bunch of errors, people tend to view you as a silly kid, instead of taking you seriously.

• How many times you gonna ask this? I agree with your parents. You won't be the one paying the hundreds or thousands of dollars when the dog needs emergency veterinary care, will you? You won't be the one that gets sued if the dog bites someone, will you? THEY will be and it is immature and selfish of you to want to bring a dog into an environment where not ALL the family members really want it. Grow up, get a job, get your own home and get your own dog when you are responsible enough... (and when you learn to spell :)

• Try to explain to your parents all the positives that would come out of you owning a pet. Like it would teach you to be more responsible and if they don't like the idea of a hyper pup, then you could always explain to them that it's just a stage they do become more mellow with age and even getting them fixed. Always make sure that they know your going to love the puppy and still be responsilbe even when it gets older and may not be quit as cute. :]

• I wish i could tell you to just cry like a baby, but it won't help.... If you are old enough to work, i would suggest you save up and buy your own dog, and be able to cover your own vet bills.... And before you purchase, be sure to be able to buy all you need to train and feed, etc..... it is a very big responsibility.... But they need to see how responsible you are and give it a try... Besides tell then, they will never know how responsible you are until they give you the opportunity to show it to them... best Of Luck and I hope you get yourself a dog !!!!!

• Buy one first, then show it to them. If they are angry at you, pretend that you are so wrapped up in caring for your new dog that you can't hear them yell at you. If they aren't mad, you have nothing to worry about. Plus it shows that you can go out and get what you want. Your parents will see that you will be successful in the business world. Shows management potential.

• Save up some money, for vet bills and training classes. other than that, wait till you move out.

• show them how responsible ya r & find a dog that you both like, u and parents.

-lyss