How do can i provide enough power to my sound system in my car?

I have bought a Pioneer Head unit, 2 Sony 6x9 50W speakers and 2 Pioneer TSW307D2 Subwoofers that have a maximum wattage of 1200W and they are 400 WATTS RMS and a 1200 WATT Mono Amplifer for the Subs. i don't know too much about what all the WATTS mean but i heard that i might need a new alternator or a "capacitors" on my car (Nissan Skyline GTS R33). I really hope that is not the case because i have spent most my money on the sound system. Would my car be able to provide enough power for the car as well as my sound system? Please Note: i will not have the stereo going full power. but i will have it loud. Thanks alot guys.

Comments

• My R33 ,stock radio 2 working stock speakers which rattle when power to them.

Catback added Radio off listen to the Rb engine.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/

Get on the free forum so we can help you on there.

• well i hope your amp is 800 watts rms. Never look at the peak watts always look at the rms. Check how many amps your alternator puts out. Cut that in half and that is roughly how many amps you have to play around with. Check the fuses on your amp and also cut that in half and that is about how many amps it draws at normal listening levels. You should be fine. Cars can usually support 800-1000 watts without any problems

• you shouldn't need another battery, but you may find when the subs hit hard Your lights will dim and stuff. so you could put a 1-2 farad capacitor in your system to prevent this.. there not to expensive. 40 bucks for a decent one and bout 70-90 for a top of the line brand cap.