Do you remember TNA's Playboy deal?

I never knew what happened..I know Traci Brooks was chosen as the first Knockout to pose..i guess TNA figured..T I t s sell..but then supposedly Farah Fawcett died..and Playboy decided to pay her a tribute(which is a lame excuse..Traci didn't have to be on the cover..they could have put her in grapevine section or better yet as a secondary feature to the mag)..I also heard Playboy said they decided not to do deals with anymore women wrestlers..i don't know the authenticy of that..and WWE is PG so we may never know..

I think instead of Traci..TNA should've got Velvet to do it..that would've been a million copies in the first week!..and Velvet would've done it because she wanted more exposure outside of wrestling(as you can see from her wanting to get on DWTS back in 2011)..of course I wouldn't have minded Sarita or Taylor Wilde in there either..sigh fantasies thatll never happen

Comments

• No - Bischoff and Harvey are not part owners in Girls Gone Wild.

TNA and Playboy were working a deal that would showcase a hand full of TNA Knockouts in their magazine. Playboy wanted Christy Hemme to grace the cover and be the main TNA Knockout showcased int he mag. They also wanted Velvet, Angelina Love, Sarita, Traci Brooks and Lacy Von Erich.

The problem was that Lacy, Angelina, Velvet, Sarita and even Christy had no interest in possing nude in playboy.

However, if Hemme ever wants to pose the playboy door is always open. Hemme's edition of playboy magazine is the #1 selling playboy mag of all time.

• Well, first off, it isn't completely TNA's decision on whether Velvet does it or not, that would of been Velvet's decision and apparently she didn't want to do it because she never did do it! There is a lot of women who at the height of their popularity would of sold millions in playboy like both Trish Stratus and Lita but they didn't want to do that, WWE couldn't force them too, just like TNA can't force the knockouts to do that sort of thing!

As far as Traci, I think she did some stuff for Playboy's website, so did another woman in TNA who was like a backstage commentator or something along those lines!

TNA isn't as big of a company as WWE, Playboy doesn't get as much mainstream exposure dealing with TNA as they would of with WWE, so that is the reason why Playboy didn't make the same kind of deal with TNA as they did with WWE, and the reason why they stopped dealing with women's wrestlers was also because WWE went PG, that was WWE's decision to stop dealing with Playboy, if WWE kept dealing with Playboy then Playboy would of never made a deal with TNA!

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do you remember TNA's Playboy deal?

I never knew what happened..I know Traci Brooks was chosen as the first Knockout to pose..i guess TNA figured..T I t s sell..but then supposedly Farah Fawcett died..and Playboy decided to pay her a tribute(which is a lame excuse..Traci didn't have to be on the cover..they could have put her in...

• If TNA would start doing that stuff it might raise the rating of TNA an they might give WWE a run

An don't go telling me how you have be 18 to buy a playboy

• I guess you should have brought that up to TNA when you were at TNA House Shows, Impact Wrestling Shows, TNA Fan Fests and TNA Pay Per Views?

• Wasn't Bischoff & Hearvy like part owners of "GIRLS GONE WILD" and did some of promotion with it once on tv.......

• They stopped that kind of promotion when they realized the average age of a WWE fan was only 12 years old.