How do you remove grease from a garbage disposal?

I tried to get the management to take care of it, but they said if they find food in the garbage disposal, then I will be charged. The people who rented before me clogged up the disposal, I just want to knnow are there solutions out there to help break up the grease in my disposal?

Comments

• Pour some bleach down it, run the hot water(maybe even boil some water) and take a plunger to it. Been there done that,and it worked.=) good luck!

• Running very hot water down the disposal will disolve any grease. Follow with a little baking soda and a tray of ice cubes.

• I toss in a handful of baking soda followed by a cup or so of cheap white vinegar. This will foam and fizz. When the fizzing stops, add some more vinegar. Leave it for about 20 min, then flush with very hot water. Easy, homemade and cheap, also non-toxic.

• First run ice cubes in it and then add a whole box of baking soda and hot water.

• vinegar and baking soda or vinegar and washing soda. both of these work great at unclogging drains. after the fizzing stops, pour boiling water down the drain. repeat if necessary.

• Ever heard of boiling water

• have you tried pouring boiling water down the drain?

• Run it with hot water and detergent in the sink.