partner has explosive temper!?

my man is getting me down, i have a 6 week old baby with him and and an 11 yearold son form a previous relationship, he is great with the kids, but with me i constantly provoke him and annoy him, when he gets mad he shouts so loud and wont let me speak or get a word in, he says the most nasty things and leaves me drained and in tears, i feel uncomforatble in the relationship now ive been with him for nearly 2 years, when it's good it's good but im fed up having to watch what i say incase it provokes him, i told him i was going to leave if he didn't change his answer is he's stressed at college and trying to get a better job, we dont live together but when we are together i get worried what should i do, could he change? i didn't want to end it as i do love him but im not happy anymore.

Update:

he grew up in an unhappy home where his mother had drink problems could this be why he's like this now? im 29 and he's 27

Comments

• Then stop provoking or annoying him. This is just as bad has his temper.

• Sorry to say this, but you sound extremely depressed. How could you possibly feel like you have to watch what you say so he won't be provoked. You are suppose to speak your mind. It seems either he has some control issues or is interested in someone else. If you feel uncomfortable and unhappy why are you still there? If you can't voice your opinion, why even be bothered with him? Raising your children is a job that he probably can't even begin to comprehend. Yes he can change, but he has to want to change. It seems like alcholism runs in my family, but I took an initiative and stepped in a different direction. He knows the heartache it causes, so ask him humbly why does he do the same things? Surely he doesn't want that pain inflicted on his own. You should talk to him in a public place in case you're afraid of what he might say or do? Put your foot down and tell him what's on your mind!!! If he starts his ranting again or make gestures as if he wants to be physical, offer him a free tutorial........ 9 +1 +1= ???????

• move on...or stay with him and move next to a busy city intersection or a big airport. Thay way yelling in the house will seem prefectly acceptable given the high ambient noise levels.

• he is bi-polar.

they say that people in relationships with those who are bi-polar, whether they are medicated for their condition or not,

--also need counseling, therapy. He needs it to understand and control his condition (along with meds)...

--you need it in order to live with a person who has the condition.

People who are with people who are bi-pol are usually very depressed...his "condition" can rob you of your self-confidence and self-worth.

You need counseling and he needs counseling and MEDS.

• You and he need some counseling. simple. and don't put it off. And if he won't go, go yourself.