how does a process server get paid?

how much can a process server make per serving? do process servers get paid daily?

Comments

• It truly depends on who you are working for. I did process serving and got $50 per serving, which is good on most cases, as you just find them and serve them. Then, you fill the paperwork out, verifying this individual was served on what date and time and at what location. This now becomes an official document. It is these papers that, when you turn them in, is what your pay is based upon. It was the difficult ones that I got more for as the attorney cannot get the individual into court unless they are served, so many people will dodge process servers. So, at that point, your money goes up as they want you apply additional work to find these people. Daily? No, not usually. But again, that depends on who you are working for and how it is set up. Usually weekly, like everyone else. It gets interesting sometimes, as they do all types of things to dodge you. One time, I had to dress up like a telephone company person and take a phone book and go door to door, as they were looking out the window. Once they saw me going to their neighbors houses, they answered the door for me. And yes, I am a blonde girl, so I didnt look like your traditional process server. That helped too. Got much money for that one as this individual outran all the male process servers and were at a deadline.

• Process Server Salary

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how does a process server get paid?

how much can a process server make per serving? do process servers get paid daily?

• For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/mJpKg

They get paid dirt, not much money at all. You can be a process server or flip burgers, you'd get paid about the same.

• Process Servers who work as subcontractors submit invoice on the 1st and 15th, and those invoices are paid out within 7 business days or less, unless there are issues with the diligence on certain jobs. But, this generally does not delay the whole payment, only the jobs which have not been clarified. With that said, if your a solo process server, and accept jobs, generally like our firm we require upfront payment, unless your a contracted client, we will submit an invoice, and they get paid out within 15 to 30 days, some 30 working days. It just depends.

With everything said, in the legal industry it is not unregular to not get paid for 40 days at a time because every firm will audit every invoice which is submitted, than also alot of servers will first turn in an invoice, and than not turn in their proof of service, and firms will not pay until the proof of service is turned in, so some times it could be a stand off. But generally works out.

The bottom line is this, before you get into the SOP part of the legal industry, know it is not fast money, and it takes alot of work! If yoru going to begin your own firm, again know you better have at least $50,000.00 on hand to pay for your office, all the bonds, insurance, supplies, laptops, cell phones, software, subscriptions, Id's etc etc etc. It is very expensive, but it is also a very wonderful industry to be in. Just respect the industry, it is not for the faint at heart, it takes a ton of work, and alot of money. For instance we have 5 subscriptions, and just one cost $585.00 per month and that is the cheapest one. Also, we payout close to 200 invoice per month, and that entails a large $$$ bill.

So, is it worth it? Yes, it is. As long as you do not expect over night money, and know your gonna have to spend alot of $$ to make your firm successful. Just keep at it, and you will see it rain on you!