How to add 3rd speaker to PA system?

Using the http://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/product/detail....

Have 2 speakers to use for it in parallel that are 8amps. The 3rd would be a 6 amp. Cani plug this in parallel? Or use the other port ? There are speaker ports for 4, 8, & others.

Update:

@ Daniel

Why couldn't I put the 3rd speaker in series with an 8 ohm speaker? So I would put (a) 1 8-ohm speaker in parallel with (b) 8 ohm and 6 ohm speakers in series? So impedence on (a) would be 8 ohms, and (b) would be 14 ohms. So when (a) and (b) are in parallel, the total impedence would be (1/8 + 1/14) ^ -1 = 5.1 ohms. Wouldn't that work? Then I could plug it into 4 ohm port? Or the 8 ohm port?

Comments

• Patrick - The short answer is no, you cannot connect the third speaker because the total impedance would be less than 4 ohms. Two 8 ohm speakers is the max for you amp. If you want more speakers, you will need to buy a separate power amp.

• Its called Impedance as point of fact when it comes to AC wave-forms.

Just for information this sounds like a dumb idea; when you put two loads in parallel the IMPEDANCE IS HALF if they are rated the same in OHMS so the load on the amplifier will double. In other words the current is inversely proportional to the load.

Good luck with that and careful you don't cause a fire.

• Speakers are not rated in amps. It is the resistance of the speaker which are 4 and 8. This system does not have much power. You should only use the speaker terminal that is provided. On a mono amp normal one speaker terminal and for stereo then the left and right. By adding more speaker you will not increase the volume. You can check the owners manual of the system you have for direction. Hope this will help you out.

• i did no longer see the Kerrang one hundred record so i do no longer comprehend if yours is better yet i'm no longer able to accept as true with any rock record that doesn't have Foghat interior the precise one hundred someplace. Foghat became between the main suitable rock bands ever and may be in a minimum of the precise 20! The Scorpions, The Kinks, Ten Years After, Jethro Tull, Credence Clearwater Revival, Frank Zappa, Krokus, Dokken, Tesla, and Foreigner should additionally be on the record earlier The automobiles or Styx!

• You haven't the faintest clue. You don't even know the difference between power & impedance.