zippo problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

though i dont smoke,i got a zippo from a shop cuz i like its magestic look n design........... n i kinda like playin with it........... i had kept it in a box m after a coupl of days... iopen the box n there comes a disgusting odour of its fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then... zippo wont light atal! all i see is sparks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…

watta do...........

additionaly.............. how to lengthen the lenght of the wick..?

im pretty sure that mine is an original zippo............... damn sure................

Comments

• If it sparks but doesn't light, it's probably out of fuel. The fuel evaporates slowly but surely even if the lighter isn't used. Try lighting the wick directly with a match or another lighter; if it doesn't catch fire immediately, it's out of fuel and needs to be refilled (grab the chimney part of the lighter and pull it out of the metal case, then lift up the cotton part on the bottom and pour in some Zippo fuel). If it still doesn't work, Zippo will fix it for free.

Lengthening the wick is easy: just grab it with something like a needle-nose pliers and gently pull up. Zippo wicks are a few inches long in total. Most of it right now is coiled up inside the lighter, helping to soak up fuel. You should periodically pull some fresh wick up and cut off the old wick, otherwise the old wick will eventually burn up. You'll eventually have to replace the wick, also.

• A Zippo lighter has 17 parts that can break, come unhinged, work loose, or otherwise render the lighter inoperable. You can repair some problems with simple tools; others, however, mean that you must send the lighter to the Zippo Repair Center in Pennsylvania, where the lighter will be completely repaired and reconditioned at no charge. In sharp contrast to many other warranties, Zippo will fully recondition your lighter, even if you have repaired some parts of the lighter yourself.

Please see the instructions on how to fix a Zippo.

Read more: How to Fix a Zippo Lighter | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5063929_fix-zippo-lighter....

Have a pleasant day.

• yeah man......... the Zippo probably leaked the fuel....... which means that only the fling and metal strike...... causing smoke.....

Yeah....... Man..

Go back to the .....damn... 3rd grade.