zippo problem!!!!!!!!!!?

though i dont smoke,i got a zippo from a shop cuz i like its magestic look n design........... n i kinda like playin with it........... i had kept it in a box m after a coupl of days... iopen the box n there comes a disgusting odour of its fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then... zippo wont light atal! all i see is sparks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watta do...........

additionaly.............. how to lengthen the lenght of the wick..?

im pretty sure that mine is an original zippo............... damn sure................

Comments

• Hello there,

Won't light? Refill the lighter. Fuel has gone.

Longer wick? Pull more out.

Later,

• as you have sparks and no flame, it needs refilling

the fuel has evaporated, or been used

fill it, and leave the top off for a few minutes or fumes will build up in the lid, and ignite the first time you light it after refilling

• Hi Gururaj!

We apologize you are experiencing difficulty with your Zippo Windproof product. Lighter fluid evaporates within 2-3 days, because of this (and shipping regulations) we are unable to ship products pre-filled. We are unsure why your Zippo Windproof lighter had a fuel smell to it. We recommend sending it to our facility for a free repair. For further information, please visit our Repair page.