how does paypal work?

I just signed up for paypal and ebay because there is something I desperatley want... what I need to know is if there is a way to put like 100 $ on my paypal account so when the purchase is made it will not deduct from my bank account of credit card.... is there a way to put money on my paypal account?? if so how??

Comments

• There may be a way to do that but I don't understand why you would want your money tied up for a period of time while you wait to make a purchase. The PayPal account is tied to a personal credit card so if you really wanted to do that you could simply overpay your credit card so you have a positive balance rather than a debit and let it sit there until you make the purchase.

Normally, you just allow the transaction on your credit card and pay it off before the account is due.

• Why would you want to bother doing that if you have your credit card or bank account verified with PayPal? Unless, of course you borrowed a parents card or bank account in order to even open a PayPal account. LOL

Put the $100 in your bank account and use your bank account in order to pay for the purchase.

What you are proposing to do makes you sound as though you are a bit shady or you are trying to bypass someone finding out you used their banking or card info to verify your PayPal account.

• i beleive you can mail them a check, but it takes much longer. first, i would call paypal customer service.