Scariest movie ever made?

I was at my friends house last week and we watched paranormal activity thinking it was going to be absolutely horrifying, well, we thought wrong. It sucked. I'm going back over there in a couple days and I need to know what is the scariest movie that has ever been released, im not looking for so much blood/gore as I am suspense and 'shocker' moments. This movie needs to scare us beyond recognition. well, maybe not that much lol. Any suggestions, thanks.

Update:

And, the movie needs to be after 2000, lol, nicer quality and effects

Comments

• The Exorcist. It has been hailed by many as the scariest movie ever made. I'm used to watching horror films, but I really can't watch this with the lights turned off.

Add:

There's no scary movie after 2000, honey. True horror died in the '90s. What we have now are just overplayed jump scares and cliches. Learn to love older movies

• I agree with the Japanese versions of The Ring or The Grudge. Modern horror movies aren't really scary - they're pretty predictable and lame.

• After 2000 only? :\

All I can think of is "[Rec]" and, it's not exactly a horror movie but maybe "Inland Empire" if you're into David Lynch's kind of stuff. OH OH OH. And "Inside".

• You should try the Japanese Version of The Ring

• the excorcist, Friday the 13th or the nightmare on elmstreet

• Bambi

when his mom got shot, woo scary s***.

• "IT" so scary.