How do I dye my hair back to its natural colour?

I've been dying my hair light brown for years but now I've decided to take a break and grow out my natural hair (Darkest brown). I do not want roots showing so I want it all dyed back to its natural colour. Should I use a colour stripper to avoid brassy effect?

Comments

• It takes about a year for the natural color to start fully faded. Longer, if you wash your hair just 1x a week, like I do.

Putting another layer of hair dye overlapping on top of the old, will only take you longer to fade the color underneath.

FYI:

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Overlapping dye onto previously colored hair is what creates dullness and dryness. If you color your hair @ home or salon, let your roots grow out as long as you can stand, so the line of demarcation is easier to spot. Only run color through the lengths for five minutes to refresh the ends. To extend the time between touch-ups, use a gloss and deep -conditioning treatments. They will help smooth cuticles roughed up by daily wear & tear, and the hair will look shinier. ~ Harry Josh, hairstylist of the celebrities.

Celebrity wears two-tone hair dye all the time, trying to grow out their dye. They call that the ombre style.

Here's an example what hair stripng will do to your hair.

It is worst than hair dyes, one from YA! "I accidentally dyed my hair this awful black, stripped it, and now it is this crunchy crispy mess!"

Hair striprs are chemical treatments which are intended to strip out artificial color pigment with less risk or damage to the hair. The chemicals used are called reducing agents.

Certain 'metal' striprs containing sodium sulphoites are sold for reducing hair dyed with metallic dyes, as these dyes react violently with tint stripper containing hydrogen peroxide-the subsequent reaction may cause so much heat that the hair gets dissolved.

Example: So i just put Colour B4 on my hair to try and remove my black dye so my hair it's natural colour which is dark blonde. so i've just dried my hair and there's still dark patches on it. and in some places it's gone ginger. i have garnier pre lightener. should i use it? there's no way my hair could look worse than it is now lol.

Example from YA!: “I had my hair stripped from black to blonde and my hair is a wreck! I have now had my hair dyed back to dark what products can I use to help repair the damage? My hair just snaps every time I wash it 😞 I used to have really healthy hair worst mistake of my life!!”

Another example:

Can you imagine this being done on YOU? Ex. of one:

"Sooo i do hair, i should know these things! I made a major OOPS in my hair color today. I picked a color close to my natural (as i had it lighter than natural before), I had dye it that color and it turned a magenta color; terrible!! So i washed and washed and washed with head and shoulders, worked but took about two weeks. Being that was still such a terrible color i picked up another shade similar to my natural (odd color, a mix between red, blonde and light brown). I dyed it this morning and well it was BRIGHT red, so i ran to the store and grabbed a light brown (i have done this before, a few years back and worked like a charm to neutralize the red and brown together). So i dyed my hair TWICE today and its a DARK DARK DARK reddish dark brown. It looks very unnatural and i hate it. I need to get rid of this asap, any fast suggestions?"

Another example from YA! "I've tried color oops and it hurt my hair and I just got it healthy. I used loreal color remover which is practically bleach and it's pinkish. I refuse to dye my hair any longer.... suggestions? ThNks."

Before bottled shampoo & hair products were invented, mid 60's, in Asia, all we've ever used was a bar of soap for body, hair & laundry, for 13 years and we have healthy silky, shiny, soft, smooth hair. Just make sure you rinse well. Try that if that works better! Repeat.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. AboutAbout 91,800 results (0.23 seconds) 2-3-13.

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

• you don't. you just let it grow out and cut the colored pieces off.

bleach may strip the color off.