how do actresses use math?

i'm doing a paper on how our career choice uses math everyday and i was wondering how do actresses use math?

Comments

• An actress pays her agent and/or manager a percentage of her earnings. Some of her Equity/SAG/AFTRA union dues are also based on percentages of her earnings. So the ability to calculate percentages is one math skill she's sure to use.

At some point in her career, she might have to choose between offers from two different producers. Suppose she knows how much each job pays per week and how many weeks each job lasts. She'll need to be able to do some basic math as she decides which offer is more attractive.

She might be playing a character with math skills -- a school teacher, a scientist, or a gambler, for example -- and she has to know enough math to make the character believable.

• Actress use math all the time, fist of all if they book a job not only do they need to make sure they are getting paid the right amount, but they also have to pay the money to there agent and/or manger, (most of the time all the money goes to the agent fist and then they pay you, but still)

And if your a good actress and you need to join the Union sag and/or Aftra (and many more) you have to pay them

And if you make enough money you have to pay taxes like everybody else!!

And if your an actress your gonna have a lot of money if you do good rite!! what actress DOESN'T shop! anyone with money loves to shop, and that deals with math rite there

I hope this helped

***bye***

• when they get paid, they have to balance a checking account and manage personal finances.

• make sure your getting paid the right amount