Hair color fades fast?

I have dyed my hair many times with little result or a fast fade and tried just about every brand. I even bleached before dying this time so the color would show better, the color did show and it was great I used L'Oreal Feria - 66 Ruby Fusion.

But even though I spent forever in the shower washing and rinsing my hair after dying for days after it seemed more and more would rinse out and then it just faded now its like a very dull brownish auburn. I have nice hair it's soft and wavy so I don't think its my hair type, I even don't wash it for a day or two (my hair gets oily fast) before dying. I just went and got Feria Power Reds R68 Ruby Rush and its supposed to be really good.

If anyone could explain what I did wrong when dying my hair that made it fade within 1-2 weeks that would be great so I can maybe avoid it in the future.

Comments

• if you search the web, you'll find several reports on Feria - the colours are not bad, but they don't last too long, to put it in a nut shell.

and the ingredients suck - some even cause cancer!

you should perhaps change the brand - or from Feria to another L'Oréal product.

another thing may be your shampoo - do you use a series for coloured hair? sounds stupid, but it actually works.

• The problem is that reds just fade no matter what. Dying your hair red is a pain because no matter what brand you use it will always fade. What my hairstylist suggested was redken red head color fade technology shampoo and conditioner, (but you can buy another brand, just make sure its for red head product specifically for red color fade technology). Also, if you can wash your hair with cold watter, avoid hot water showers, and wash your hair as few time as possible. I washed it ever other day or every two days.

Good Luck

• I have had this same mission. I died mine black and gave the impact of morticia. I washed my hair standard with a clarifying shampoo (I used nutregena) yet i made certain i saved it correct conditioned through employing wide conditioners afterwards. To be uncomplicated there is not a lot extra you may do (the daylight would help lighten it a touch). Mine took about 4 weeks to vanish to some extent the position i felt i might want to 'stay with it'. you only prefer to be affected human being. do not do some thing harsh like strippers or lighteners, lemon juice or be tempted to swim to remove the colour..it is only undesirable suggestion. it really is going to fade and its not nicely worth ruining your hair for..after all it really is going to take a lot longer to develop back hair you've had to get decrease off because you've ruined it than it really is going to waiting for a colour to vanish...

• I had the same problem when I went from blonde back to brunette. I was using Nutrisse and although it looked great at first it faded very quickly. I then used Herbal essences and it stayed and looked great so try Herbal essences to see if that is better for you?